Currently we are working on the rehabilitation of existing homes, as well as new construction.
You do not need construction experience in order to volunteer. A Habitat supervisor will always be on hand to give you instructions on the day of your project. The volunteer day begins at 8:00 a.m. and typically ends at 2:00 p.m. The team takes two 10-minute breaks and 1/2 hour for a lunch break. Construction normally works Tuesday – Saturday.
All Volunteers are required to bring a signed Release of Waiver and Liability form on their first volunteer day.
If volunteers are younger than 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign the form.
Volunteers ages 14 and 15 are not permitted on a new construction site or a rehab construction site. They can, however, volunteer in the ReStore Retail & Donation Center, and they must be accompanied by a registered volunteer over the age of 18.
What To Wear
- Old clothing
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes – NO sandals or Crocs
- Old jeans or shorts – no short-shorts or sport bras
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- No offensive language on shirts
- Sunscreen and bug spray
Items To Bring
- Work gloves are required
- Individual container of water or other liquid – This is very important on hot days
- Please bring your lunch
- Please bring the following if you have them:
- Nail apron or tool belt
- Hard hat
- Tape measure
Your Safety is Our Greatest Concern
- If you are working on a roof on a hot day, take a break every half hour in a shaded area
- Do not put hammers in back pockets
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear a hat when possible
- Safety glasses, hard hats, and masks are available from the Site Supervisor
- Wear gloves
- Wear safety glasses when working around electrical equipment
Please do not attempt anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. If you are injured in any way, even a blister, please notify a worksite supervisor.
Once volunteers are registered, they can check the construction schedule. The supervisor will meet the volunteers at the assigned location the day of the project. Volunteers need to sign up for a work site 24 hours in advance to ensure the proper materials are provided. The construction schedule is subject to change daily due to weather conditions and inspections. We will notify volunteers via email of any changes we receive.
Who To Contact
Phone: (239) 652-1684
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON HABITAT FOR HUMANITY PROPERTY. NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE TOLERATED.