ReStore Retail & Donation Center
The ReStore offers volunteer opportunities Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm and 1pm-5pm and Saturday 9am – 1pm.
Volunteers may select the shift during which they wish to volunteer.
A Habitat supervisor will always be on hand to give volunteers instructions on the project of the day.
All Volunteers are required to bring a signed Release and Waiver of Liability on their first volunteer day.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. If volunteers are younger than 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign the form. Volunteers who are 14 and 15 years old must have a registered volunteer at least 18 years of age with them. No heavy lifting is permitted.
The ReStore does not allow shopping while volunteering. Volunteers may shop after their volunteer shift is over or during their lunch break. Volunteers may not set items aside during their volunteer shift to purchase later. Nothing may be purchased from the back sorting room or the loading dock. Under no circumstances are items to be removed from the store without being paid for.
We ask that volunteers refrain from using cell phones while volunteering. Volunteers may use cell phones during the ½ hour lunch break or the 2 ten minute breaks.
If volunteers are taking a break, we ask that they step outside on the dock or use the break room. Volunteers may not sit on furniture that is for sale.
What To Wear
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes – NO sandals or Crocs
- Jeans or shorts – no short-shorts or sport bras
- Shirts must be worn at all times – no offensive language on the shirts
- Volunteers will be asked to wear a Habitat apron
Items To Bring
- Work gloves are required
- Individual container of water or other liquid – This is very important on hot days
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their lunch if working back-to-back shifts as it may be inconvenient to drive to a store over the lunch break
- If staying over the lunch hour, volunteers are encouraged to bring a snack
Volunteetr Safety is Our Greatest Concern
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not attempt to lift heavy items without assistance
- If a volunteer is injured in any way, even a blister, they should notify a supervisor immediately
Who To Contact
Phone: (239) 652-1684
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON HABITAT FOR HUMANITY PROPERTY. NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE TOLERATED.